Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ telescope
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope is ideal when you are looking for a telescope that is suitable for studying stars, but also for spotting objects on earth. The Celestron Astro Master Series consists of refractor and reflector telescopes, each with unique properties. This Celestron AstroMaster 130 is a Newtonian reflector telescope which is ideal for observing deep-sky objects. The mirror of this telescope has a diameter of 130 mm; the parabolic mirror has a coating and catches about 30% more light than the 114 mm version. The telescope is delivered with 10 and 20 mm eyepieces; these eyepieces allow you to get magnifications of 50 and 100 times. Below you will find some photographs which were made using the Celestron Astro Master 130EQ telescope.
A free CD-Rom with 'The Sky Level 1' planetarium software is supplied standard with this Celestron telescope. This CD-ROM contains software featuring information about the stars. In the database you will find illustrated information on 10,000 objects. Be inspired by this software and start looking for the heavenly bodies which can be easily found this way!
Tripod and mount
The Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope comes with a tripod and mount. You have a choice of two different models; below the differences are explained.
- Model 1: This model comes with a Celestron CG-3 equatorial tripod. This tripod is very stable and agile allowing you to easily track objects. The legs are made of stainless steel and it is incredibly easy to set up the tripod and place a telescope on it.
- Model 2: This model offers the same tripod, but it is provided with a tracking motor. This tracking motor allows celestial objects to be followed automatically at the push of a button. This is an absolute must for those who want to do astrophotography.
(The simple operation of the tracking motor)
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ accessories
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ accessories can be found on the right-hand side of this page.
Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ Properties
- Easy and quick to set up
- Equipped with a Star Pointer (RedDot)
- 1.25'' steel legs on the tripods
- Supplied with Sky Software
- Convenient accessory tray
- Equatorial mount for easy tracking of objects
- Optional motor drive
Some pictures of the moon made with the Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ telescope